Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Knowledge Base

Search or browse our knowledge base to find answers to your questions ranging from account questions to troubleshooting error messages. The content is curated and updated by our global Support team

Announcements
Join this live chat April 6, 10AM EST - QlikView to Qlik Sense REGISTER

How to authenticate Qlik Sense Desktop against SaaS editions

Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

How to authenticate Qlik Sense Desktop against SaaS editions

Qlik Sense Desktop Authentication via Qlik Sense Business / SaaS / Cloud.

From the June 2020 release, Qlik Sense Desktop can be authenticated against Qlik SaaS editions QSB and QSEoCS.

Environment

• Qlik Sense Desktop, June 2020
  • Qlik Sense Business (QSB)
  • Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services (QSEoCS)

The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

How to authenticate:

1. Open your tenant's Cloud hub

You can either go directly to YOURTENANT.qlikcloud.com or myqlik.qlik.com and choose your tenant from the tenant list.

2. Click on your profile icon (top right, see Fig 1) and open Profile Settings.

Fig 1Fig 1

3. Select Tools in the available menu.

4. Download Qlik Sense Desktop from here if you have not already. 

5. After install, click Authenticate 

Fig 2Fig 2

6. You will be prompted to Open QlikSenseBrowser (Fig 3). Clicking this will launch Qlik Sense Desktop.

Fig 3Fig 3

7. Once Qlik Sense Desktop has launched, you are prompted to Authenticate against Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Sense Business. (Fig 4)  Click your tenant URL.

Fig 4Fig 4

8. Provide your user (email address) and password. Click Log in.

Fig 5Fig 5

9. Qlik Sense Desktop is now authenticated. 

Related Content:

Attachments
Comments
damago1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cannot authenticate.

I cannot open the portal mgdz.eu.qlikcloud.com using Edge. Empty page pops up. Not even login query.

I have managed to open the portal using opera. Followed instructions above. After clicking "authenticate" Qlik Sense Desktop opens, and the field seems to be filled with the abovementioned link.

When I click on the link: either nothing happens and the Qlik Sense Desktop's window simply closes, or an error message ""authentication against selected server failed. please ensure that you have internet connection"

The error message disappears and qlik sense desktop quits.

I tried:

- uninstalling and re-installing Qlik Sense Desktop

- deleting all cookies and downloaded files from browser

- changing default browser to opera

Nothing works.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @damago1 - I would recommend looking into this article: Unable to Login to Qlik Sense Desktop Due to Failed to Authenticate Against the Selected Server Erro... as it sounds like there's a firewall or proxy involved that is not allowing you to connect to the required sites.

Should that not help or be the case, please log a ticket with our support for further review.

Version history
Revision #:
17 of 17
Last update:
Friday
Updated by:

Contributors