Created date:

Apr 13, 2021 2:24:07 PM

Labels (2)
Comments
nilesh007
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Andre_Sostizzo @Jamie_Gregory,

Hope you both are well. As I saw you both were the contributor to this article  on "How to use Qlik-CLI to Migrate Apps to Qlik Sense SaaS "

The issue is I am unable to export multiple apps from qlik sense enterprise, while using this article.

Please let me know the way around.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @nilesh007 

We only covered exporting/importing a single app in this video. 

This should help you with implementing a bulk export/import: Creating and deleting apps in bulk with qlik-cli 

The example is written for Qlik Cloud only and would need to be adapted for On-Prem export and Import to Cloud.

If you require additional assistance with this, I would recommend posting about this on our forums, where our active community and agents can assist you. 

All the best,
Sonja 

Tino
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear Qlik team,

Thanks for this tutorial @Sonja_Bauernfeind  @Andre_Sostizzo .
Currently I´m testing the Qlik cli for Qlik SaaS. 
We have a Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows environment which has been setup as hybrid environment (preparation of distribution of apps to Qlik SaaS already done and successfully tested).

The next step is to align internally which apps can be moved to the Qlik Cloud 

Currently the biggest issue I see, is the possibility to perform a bulk creation of spaces with AD group assignments (for the access rights).

For a better understanding.

• We have a huge amount of streams with assigned AD Groups on QSEoW
  • The AD groups are synchronized to Azure AD
  • Qlik Cloud is configured to use Azure AD as IDP
  • Performing a "qlik group ls" I get a result of all groups and their ids, but not the spoken group names (either the saMAccountName of a group or the distinguished name etc.)

The idea is to create a list (CSV) of the streams from QSEoW with the information of the authorized AD group name per stream (already automated with the Qlik PowerShell CLI for QSEoW).

This list shall be used as a input file for a PowerShell script which creates via the Qlik CLI the appropriate space and assigns the corresponding AD group from the CSV as member. This should be not a big deal, but currently not really possible, as the assignment of a group to space needs to be done by giving the corresponding id. At the same time I didn´t found any way to query the groups including name and id.

Could you share further information in order to find a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!
Tino

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Tino 

I've run this by one of our engineers. Have you reviewed and followed: How To: Configure Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS to use Azure AD as an IdP. Now with Groups! 

Should that not help with getting the group question out of the way, we suggest posting about your issue in our active forums - or engaging our professional services.

All the best,
Sonja 

Tino
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks   @Sonja_Bauernfeind,

Sounds promising and looks like the right direction.
I will give it a try.

Best regards
Tino

alen_valdes_201
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello everyone.
What would the reverse procedure look like, ie move from Qlik Sense SaaS to QSEoW and publish?}

Thanks!

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @alen_valdes_201 

You can read up on additional functions of Qlik-CLI directly on the Qlik-CLI site.

We do not have an extensive tutorial available for providing the reverse, but you can ask if other users have previously done so in our active forums.

All the best,
Sonja 

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello community,

In addition to Qlik CLI, I'd like to introduce you to a powerful tool developed by IPC Global — the inProcess App Operations CLI. This tool is designed to seamlessly transfer Qlik Applications between Qlik client-managed and Qlik Cloud environments. Moreover, it simplifies the process of setting up backup routines for your Qlik Sense Applications, ensuring the security of your critical data.

For those interested in exploring this innovative solution further, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.ipc-global.com/inprocess-app-operations.

You can also take advantage of our free trial to experience firsthand how inProcess App Operations can enhance and streamline your Qlik application management.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,
Mark Costa
Product Manager
IPC Global

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-01-26 02:13 AM
Updated by: