Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chloe
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVD load time alerts automation

Hi,

I have several apps that run at different times, and I want to monitor the times that the qvd's updated.

I use Data transfer to upload the qvds to the cloud and once it happens the app should start the run on the cloud.

Sometimes not all the qvds are updated but still, the app will run.

This means that the apps can update at the times it was scheduled but sometimes one or two qvds didn't update so even when the app updated on time but the data was not updated.

I need to create an email alert using automation based on qvds loading time to monitor those cases.

Any idea?

Thanks

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @chloe : how are the apps reloaded? On a schedule in Qlik Cloud? Or do you use the option in Qlik Data Transfer to perform a reload when the data is uploaded?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
chloe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Daniele,

I use the option on Data Transfer to perform a reload when the data is uploaded.

The issue is that even if several QVDs updated , the app will run so I need to monitor the QVDs who didn't update.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @chloe ,

there might be several ways of achieving this, and I'm sure someone will come out with something more efficient but, for instance, you can run an automation that lists the datasets in a space, and for each one of them sends an email if a condition is met (e.g: "Last modified date" is less than "today")

Daniele_Purrone_0-1687245962845.png

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
chloe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,

Thank you for your response! 

I'll check this option as it still not solved.

Thanks