Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MConlon
Contributor III
Contributor III

Stream Security Permission migration to Spaces

In our client-managed environment, we had a custom property for "Security" that we would assign to a Stream. We would then assign this property to a user and the user would then have access to the stream. 

The beauty of it was that I could have one property for multiple streams so when I granted that to a user they would get access to all the streams that had that property.

What is the corresponding way to do this in QLik SaaS do I need to just add users manually to streams now or am I missing something, or is there a clever set up out there? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @MConlon , there is no built-in functionality for that in Qlik Cloud, please make sure to log an idea if there is not one already present!

While the functionality is not present in Qlik Cloud and Qlik ID, you might be able to implement something similar with an Identity Provider, so that specific users are assigned to specific groups.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @MConlon , there is no built-in functionality for that in Qlik Cloud, please make sure to log an idea if there is not one already present!

While the functionality is not present in Qlik Cloud and Qlik ID, you might be able to implement something similar with an Identity Provider, so that specific users are assigned to specific groups.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
MConlon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone Can IDP groups then get assigned to Spaces?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @MConlon : yes, they can!
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Spaces/managing-shared-s... 

MConlon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Daniele_Purrone . I do not see how to go about mapping idp user groups to spaces. I only see the list of permissions allowed for different items. Are there any other instructions you could link me to?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi, in the page I linked it is mentioned that "groups of users can be added to a space with the same role"

Also check: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Access-to-a-space-based-on-an-AD-Group/idi-p/1905147 

MConlon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, I'll take a look. We aren't using AD in Azure, but I'll review. Thanks!