Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliker3
Creator
Creator

Bar with different colors

Hi,

I need a bar with different colors depending on type. Like a stacked bar, but the information about different types is in one field. Is this possible without hardcoding different types in different fields?

My x axis is timestamp

y axis is duration 

and i have a field "type" in filter pane. Depending what is choosen stacked bars should be shown.

Futher explanation: regular stacked bar chart is based on different fields. My bar chart should have stacked bars based on one field. I can for example do if(type = "type1", type) for one field and if(type = "type2", type) for another. If we would add a new type3, we would have to change the dashboard again to add a new field to the stacks. Is there a way to make this dynamically? 

Thanks in advance,

Michael

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

What you're describing still sounds like a standard stacked bar chart, with Type being the second dimension, so I am not sure what the difference is.

View solution in original post

qliker3
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, you are right, i did it but the color is the same for both bars now. How can i make sure they are of different colors? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Based on your description, I'm not clear how this differs from a regular stacked bar chart?

qliker3
Creator
Creator
Author

regular stacked bar chart is based on different fields. My bar chart should have stacked bars based on one field. I can for example do if(type = "type1", type) for one field and if(type = "type2", type) for another. If we would add a new type3, we would have to change the dashboard again to add a new field to the stacks. Is there a way to make this dynamically? 

Or
MVP
MVP

What you're describing still sounds like a standard stacked bar chart, with Type being the second dimension, so I am not sure what the difference is.

qliker3
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, you are right, i did it but the color is the same for both bars now. How can i make sure they are of different colors? 

Or
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you mean by that. Bars are supposed to share colors - that's how you see the same Type within each bar?