Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliker3
Creator
Creator

Bar with different colors

Hi,

I need a bar with different colors depending on type. Like a stacked bar, but the information about different types is in one field. Is this possible without hardcoding different types in different fields?

My x axis is timestamp

y axis is duration 

and i have a field "type" in filter pane. Depending what is choosen stacked bars should be shown.

Futher explanation: regular stacked bar chart is based on different fields. My bar chart should have stacked bars based on one field. I can for example do if(type = "type1", type) for one field and if(type = "type2", type) for another. If we would add a new type3, we would have to change the dashboard again to add a new field to the stacks. Is there a way to make this dynamically? 

Thanks in advance,

Michael

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

What you're describing still sounds like a standard stacked bar chart, with Type being the second dimension, so I am not sure what the difference is.

View solution in original post

qliker3
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, you are right, i did it but the color is the same for both bars now. How can i make sure they are of different colors? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Based on your description, I'm not clear how this differs from a regular stacked bar chart?

qliker3
Creator
Creator
Author

regular stacked bar chart is based on different fields. My bar chart should have stacked bars based on one field. I can for example do if(type = "type1", type) for one field and if(type = "type2", type) for another. If we would add a new type3, we would have to change the dashboard again to add a new field to the stacks. Is there a way to make this dynamically? 

Or
MVP
MVP

What you're describing still sounds like a standard stacked bar chart, with Type being the second dimension, so I am not sure what the difference is.

qliker3
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, you are right, i did it but the color is the same for both bars now. How can i make sure they are of different colors? 

Or
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you mean by that. Bars are supposed to share colors - that's how you see the same Type within each bar?