Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo_Makin_Dev
Contributor
Contributor

Block a filter from working

Hi,

I am using the below formula to work out volume of sales to date up until the maximum date selected. If a user selects 2021 it counts all the sales to date up to and including 31/12/2021. I had to use the 1 modifier to make it calculate all sales and not just those in 2021. The problem is that if a user selects something in the "Reason" filter it affects the calculation when I need it not to. 

Can anyone help please?

Count({1<Reason=,Fact_Type={'P'},DateType={'Sales'},Type={'Red'},Status={'Active'},[Sales date]={"<=$(=Date(Max(Date),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}[Item])

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It does change because of your Max Function.

You will have to neglect the selection in Max function also. So your expression will look like below.

Count({1<Reason=,Fact_Type={'P'},DateType={'Sales'},Type={'Red'},Status={'Active'},[Sales date]={"<=$(=Date(Max({<Reason=>}Date),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}[Item])

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It does change because of your Max Function.

You will have to neglect the selection in Max function also. So your expression will look like below.

Count({1<Reason=,Fact_Type={'P'},DateType={'Sales'},Type={'Red'},Status={'Active'},[Sales date]={"<=$(=Date(Max({<Reason=>}Date),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}[Item])

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Jo_Makin_Dev
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much for this 🙂