Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viallijk
Contributor
Contributor

Calculate Data with Range Function

Hello Everyone 

I Need to help Finished My Query in Load Editor 

In this Data I want to calculate Column Cogsacal By Id and date

My Formula Expression use 

if(RowNo()=1,Amount/[GR Qty],

(((above(if(RowNo()=1,[GR Qty]-SUM(InvoiceQuantity))))*above(TOTAL COGS))+(Amount))

/If(RowNo()=1,Sum([GR Qty]),RangeSum(Above( Sum([GR Qty]),1,RowNo()),-Sum([GR Qty]))))​

In Excel Formula is Using (Above Stock) * Above (Cogsa) + Amount / Stock

And I want to calculate Using Load Editor using Range And Peek

Table Data.png
This My Formula in Load Editor 

Load Editor.png

My Expectation In column Cogsacal can get 894.432 in Colum Third and Colum 2 is 910.754 because is not have a Gr QTY

Please Help Me to resolved my problem in Qlik Sense 

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

There are some things which might be related to not resulting the expected values. The field-name in peek() isn't wrapped with single-quotes. In previous releases this could cause errors - nowadays I'm not sure if it accepted field-names without spaces or special chars in this way.

More relevant will be the order by statements within the loads with the interrecord-functions. In "Stock" it is only the date and in "Cogsacal" is it date and id - both statements needs to be checked. I could imagine that it should be rather:

order by Id, Date;

Means at first Id and then Date (by the last you may also consider the direction of asc or desc).

Further it's quite unusual to apply a cumulative logic with the range- and interrecord-functions without the use of any if-loops. In the most simple cases it are things like: if(rowno() = 1, ...) and/or if(Field = previous(Field), ...) and not seldom are nested if-loops needed to check the values of the current/previous records before applying any cumulative logic and/or branching in various versions. In some cases it could be a bit tricky but if you add a recno() and rowno() to these loads and also all the check- and cumulative logic in their parts to the load the behaviour/results could be easily checked within a table-box.

Beside this "Stock" is loaded with a where-condition and afterwards is a join applied - are you sure that this join worked like expected without changing the number of records?

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

There are some things which might be related to not resulting the expected values. The field-name in peek() isn't wrapped with single-quotes. In previous releases this could cause errors - nowadays I'm not sure if it accepted field-names without spaces or special chars in this way.

More relevant will be the order by statements within the loads with the interrecord-functions. In "Stock" it is only the date and in "Cogsacal" is it date and id - both statements needs to be checked. I could imagine that it should be rather:

order by Id, Date;

Means at first Id and then Date (by the last you may also consider the direction of asc or desc).

Further it's quite unusual to apply a cumulative logic with the range- and interrecord-functions without the use of any if-loops. In the most simple cases it are things like: if(rowno() = 1, ...) and/or if(Field = previous(Field), ...) and not seldom are nested if-loops needed to check the values of the current/previous records before applying any cumulative logic and/or branching in various versions. In some cases it could be a bit tricky but if you add a recno() and rowno() to these loads and also all the check- and cumulative logic in their parts to the load the behaviour/results could be easily checked within a table-box.

Beside this "Stock" is loaded with a where-condition and afterwards is a join applied - are you sure that this join worked like expected without changing the number of records?

- Marcus

Viallijk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Mr.Marcus to answer my problem.

i think not sure Mr Marcus because if  in load editor don't have a where condition number in data changing.

marcus_sommer

Sorry, I don't understand ...

Viallijk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, Mr Marcus For my response i mean to answear your Question 

Is Mean with a Join in stock many my data is changing the number of record

But thank you sir for help me to resolved my problem

-Vialli