Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jalpashukla
Partner - Contributor III

Dimensions are not visible when selected dimension has no value in bar chart

Hello everyone,

I have 4 dimensions in bar chart like country, product, market and media. While selecting any filter, if the previous selected dimension has no value then the other dimensions are also not visible. e.g. The previous selection was market and for a specific filter has no value for market then the the whole chart would be blank even though it has data for country as image 1. I dont want to show blank values in bar chart but the drop down should be visible(at least for those dimensions which has value). If I select country and then select the value from filter, the chart is visible as image 2.

jalpashukla_0-1663222321352.png

jalpashukla_1-1663222353532.png

@PrashantSangle @avinashelite  @swuehl @kaushiknsolanki @MK_QSL @vikasmahajan @Chanty4u @Anil_Babu_Samineni @Kushal_Chawda  @sunny_talwar 

6 Replies
vikasmahajan

can you provide some sample data & App to test it

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Kayde_72
Contributor III
Contributor III

It sounds like you need to link them all together by a common key field. Is all of this data in the same table? if not, concatenate into one table and go from ther

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you are selecting a country, you only can see those products from that country. 

If all values should be visible, you have to add 0-lines with all countries with all products in all market and media.

Regards

Kayde_72
Contributor III
Contributor III

@jalpashukla just concatenate your fields in the backend after you load your tables and it will fill the spots with zeros and allow you to select it. Try this out and it should work

Fact:

Load
Resident Table1;

Concatenate (Fact)
Load
Resident Table2;

Concatenate (Fact)
Load
Resident Table3;

Drop Tables Table1, Table2, Table3
;

jalpashukla
Author

yes it is from the same table. The problem is with dropdown in bar chart when the selection has no data. It should ideally shift to another dimension which has data instead it's not showingchart.

jalpashukla
Author

I dont want to show 0 values.