Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgloc2020
Creator
Creator

Display filtered data based on the difference of 2 dates

Hello All,

I have  2 date fields and the requirement is to first calculate the difference of the days and then display only data that has 45 days difference.

This is a straight table with the column names - Case ID and the 2 date columns are - Email_Sent_Date and Case_Closing_Date

I added one more column  and used the following expression in the measure -

Interval(Case_Closing_Date -Email_Sent_Date,'d')

Above formula gives me the difference correctly in days but I am trying to rename this column as Date Difference and also I wanted to display only those Case ID 's data where the date difference is = 45 days only

Please help me how  I can achieve that.

Thank you .

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@pgloc2020  also, you need to put expression as measure, if you are using it in dimension, use below. then this option will work

=if(Case_Closing_Date -Email_Sent_Date <=45, Case_Closing_Date -Email_Sent_Date ,null())

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@pgloc2020  Intreval is just formatting function, which is actually not giving values in days. SO if you further want to compare with difference , you need to convert it to get actual day number, hence I have used floor over date to get days difference

=if(floor(Case_Closing_Date) -floor(Email_Sent_Date ) <=45, floor(Case_Closing_Date) -floor(Email_Sent_Date ),0)

if your Date doesn't contain time factor, you can simply use below to get days difference

=if(Case_Closing_Date -Email_Sent_Date <=45, Case_Closing_Date -Email_Sent_Date ,0)

uncheck suppress zero values option

pgloc2020
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I used the expression you mentioned but even by unchecking suppress zero values option, I am getting 0 and 45. Please see the below SS-

pgloc2020_0-1682348286342.png

Kushal_Chawda

@pgloc2020  it is suppress null value.. for suppress zero values, go to property ->Add-Ons

Kushal_Chawda

@pgloc2020  also, you need to put expression as measure, if you are using it in dimension, use below. then this option will work

=if(Case_Closing_Date -Email_Sent_Date <=45, Case_Closing_Date -Email_Sent_Date ,null())

pgloc2020
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @Kushal_Chawda . This works.

pgloc2020_0-1682349680922.png