Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Dynamic Chart Title based on Active Dimension in Drill Down

Hello,

I have a Drill Dimension being used in a chart.

The Drill Down Dimension is as follows:

It's called "Hierarchy", and it includes the dimensions

• Strategic Objective.
  • Initiative
  • Activity
  • Sub Activity
  • KPI

What I'd like to do is for the title of the chart using this drill down dimension, I want the title to be dynamic based on the active level of this drill down dimension.

The title would change from

'Scores and KPI Achievement by Strategic Objective'

to (If i make a selection)

'Scores and KPI Achievement by Initiative'

to (If i make another selection)

'Scores and KPI Achievement by Activity'

and so on.

6 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

try this in title.

='Scores and KPI Achievement by ' & getcurrentfield(Hierarchy)

Learning never stops.
ChennaiahNallani
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Used

='Scores and KPI Achievement by' &" "& GetCurrentField()

anat
Master
Master

=GetCurrentField("New Group")

anat
Master
Master

Hierarchy Name should be in double code like "New Group"

bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Pradosh,

GetCurrentField is not a valid function in QlikSense.

Any other ideas?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Try one of these

='Scores and KPI Achievement by ' & PICK(match(1,

getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0 and getcurrentselections(Initiative) >0  and getcurrentselections(Activity) >0 and getcurrentselections([Sub Activity]) >0 and

getcurrentselections(KPI) >0,getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0 and getcurrentselections(Initiative) >0  and getcurrentselections(Activity) >0 and getcurrentselections([Sub Activity]) >0,getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0 and getcurrentselections(Initiative) >0  and getcurrentselections(Activity) >0,getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0  and getcurrentselections(Initiative) >0 ,

getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0)+1,'Strategic Objective','KPI','Sub Activity','Activity','Initiative','Strategic Objective')

OR

='Scores and KPI Achievement by ' & PICK(match(1,

getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0 and getcurrentselections(Initiative) >0  and getcurrentselections(Activity) >0 and getcurrentselections([Sub Activity]) >0 and

getcurrentselections(KPI) >0,getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0 and getcurrentselections(Initiative) >0  and getcurrentselections(Activity) >0 and getcurrentselections([Sub Activity]) >0,getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0 and getcurrentselections(Initiative) >0  and getcurrentselections(Activity) >0,getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0  and getcurrentselections(Initiative) >0 ,

getcurrentselections([Strategic Objective]) >0),'KPI','Sub Activity','Activity','Initiative','Strategic Objective')

Learning never stops.