Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdrianS1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filtered buttons

Hi guys, I have 3 filtered buttons WTD,MTD,YTD. I have a chart also.

What should i do with my measure to get back value from measure  on  actual filter.

For example my measure on chart  is Sum(Sales). How I can modify this measure to get back WTD filter sum of sales on chart ?

Labels (5)
1 Reply
NiTo
Creator
Creator

Hi Adrian.

First create a variable. Then create 3 buttons namely,  WTD,MTD,YTD and from your question as I can see you this part.

Now, you have to use either a Pick or if function in the measure while calulcating the sum(sales) for WTD, MTD and YTD.

You have to mention the vaiable value(which you assign while creating the button). For eg, you can assign value like 1 2 3 and gives them the name as WTD, MTD and YTD.

Now, in measure use Pick or If function to calulate sum(sales) corresponding to WTD, MTD and YTD, using the variable name and value(1,2,3). 

For eg, let say I want to calucalte sum(sales) for 2 dimension, product and Region. So, first ill  create a variable. Now, ill drag button to the chart and first select the button which I created. Now ill assign the values to the dimension. 1 for product and 2 for Region.

Now, Ill go the measure and use the following queries:

Pick(Variable=1, sum(sales),

Variable=2, Sum(sales))

Now, my button Product and region will respond to the selections. Hope it is not confusing.