Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkey077
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filterpane issue

Hi Everyone,

Have created master items Year start and Year End, selected always one selected value.

By default when app opened Year start and year end selected and it is displaying in Selection panel.

I have variable input which is having Year and Quarter.

having 2 kpi designer objects where as one KPI designer is having Quarter start and Year start in one KPI designer, 2nd KPI having Quarter end and Year end.

When year selected from variable input, Year start and Year End is displaying in the selection panel.

When Quarter selected from variable input, Quarter start and Quarter End is displaying in the selection panel along with Year start and Year End is displaying in the selection panel.

But the requirement is when Quarter selected from variable input, Year start and Year End should not be displayed in the selection panel.

How to achieve this requirement.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks & regards,

Venkey.

4 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Not very clear about the overall design of your data model or your application or why you even need to select both YEarStart and YearEnd  and why the Quarter Selections are using VariableInput rather than a Field Selection !

It would be easier for member if you can provide more clarity by adding some screenshots of your datamodel and screens

or maybe this can simplify your use case !

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Member-Articles/Period-Presets-Compare-Periods-on-the-fly/ta-p/1486371

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Venkey077
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vineeth,

Thanks for your reply...

overall design of your data model  : having an only one table in the data model.

why you even need to select both YEarStart and YearEnd : In the graphs showing ranges like Year 1 to year 5.

Venkey077_0-1707293889779.png

I am having issue about the selection panel.

There should not be selected fields (Year start and year end) in selection panel when quarter selected from the variable input.

Quarter start and quarter end are from same field projection period like below

projection period as Quarter start and 

projection period as Quarter end    similarly

Year as Year start

Year as Year end

to display the ranges in charts.

Please let me know if anything else required.

Thanks

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

You can use show hide concept try this may be

For the Year start filter: $(vSelection) = 'Year'

For the Year end filter: $(vSelection) = 'Year'

Venkey077
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Chanty,