Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColtE8
Contributor III
Contributor III

Formula Issues

Hey everyone! I'm having some issues figuring this formula out.

There are multiple [issue types] but I am only looking for one specifically (Milestone). I also only want it to pull in milestones that are open. The end result needs to show me milestones that are open but past due. The current formula shows past due, but for any milestone that is open and closed. I can't figure out how to input the open part into this!

if([Issue Type] = 'Milestone' and ([Current Estimated Completion Date] - today() < 0), 1,0) as Milestone_Past_Due,

I'm not only learning visuals but I've never really coded in the past either so, drinking from a firehose here. Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,

Colton Esman
https://www.linkedin.com/in/colton-esman/
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm assuming there is something like a Status field that "Open" or "Closed"? If so, just add Status= as another condition.

if([Issue Type] = 'Milestone' and Status="Open" and ([Current Estimated Completion Date] - today() < 0), 1,0) as Milestone_Past_Due,

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm assuming there is something like a Status field that "Open" or "Closed"? If so, just add Status= as another condition.

if([Issue Type] = 'Milestone' and Status="Open" and ([Current Estimated Completion Date] - today() < 0), 1,0) as Milestone_Past_Due,

-Rob

ColtE8
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Wow that was simple I was definitely over thinking this. Thank you!

Thanks,

Colton Esman
https://www.linkedin.com/in/colton-esman/
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You're welcome. Don't forget to mark Accept as Solution. 

-Rob