Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicente89
Contributor II
Contributor II

Get data from the same day of the same week of the same week last year

I want to get the data for the same day of the same week of the same week last year. Example:

Today is: Wednesday, October 3, week 40 of 2023.

I want: Wednesday (October 2 in this case) of week 40 of 2022.

I have tried the following formulas and they don't work:

- SUM({<fecha_creacion_del_pago={'$(=Date(YearStart(Today()) - 1) + WeekDay(Today()) - WeekDay(Today(1)) - 7))'}>} venta_neta_reserva)

- SUM({<fecha_creacion_del_pago={'$(=Date(WeekStart(Today()) - 365 + WeekDay(Today()) - 1))'}>} venta_neta_reserva)

- SUM({<fecha_creacion_del_pago={'$(=AsOfDate(Today(), -364))'}>} venta_neta_reserva)

In Power BI it could be the following  formula:

"totalsales DATEADD = CALCULATE([Total Sales], dateadd('Date'[Date], -364, DAY))".

Labels (6)
6 Replies
KGalloway
Creator II
Creator II

Would this work?

KGalloway_0-1696435509363.png

Here is the formula used in the KPI: sum(if(weekday(date) = weekday(today()) and week(date) = week(today()), amount))

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

vicente89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The value is fine, but I would like it to be displayed for each of the days of the week that have passed.

In this case, I would like to get that value but for all the days of the week that have already happened, as they appear in the rest of the columns.

KGalloway
Creator II
Creator II

Here is a way I found to do this:

First, I created a table in the load script that holds the days of the current week:

this_week:
load
date(weekstart(today()) + iterno() - 1) as day_of_week
autogenerate 1
while date(weekstart(today()) + iterno() - 1) <= weekend(today());

There may be better ways to do this. Loading from an existing calendar with filters to this week would be good if you have that available.

Then, in the app, I used almost the same code to create the table I think you want:

KGalloway_0-1696511967991.png

The only change in the formula is replacing today() with day_of_week.

If you don't want to show a value for the days yet to come (like 10/6 and 10/7) you can add another condition to the if statement:

sum(if(weekday(date) = weekday(day_of_week) and week(date) = week(day_of_week) and weekday(date) <= weekday(today()), date))

vicente89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The problem is that I don't have access to the script editor, so I can't do anything there.
I would need to be able to make a formula to create a measurement that could provide me with that data.

KGalloway
Creator II
Creator II

Something could be done to replicate that but it is very messy:

KGalloway_0-1696513471458.png

I use the same formula with a slight change in each column:
sum(if(weekday(date) = weekday(weekstart(today())+6) and week(date) = week(weekstart(today())+6), amount))

+0 (or nothing) for the first column

+1 for the second

+2 for the third

and so on.

vicente89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The thing is that in my case (I attach the table in which I would have to fill in the data I am looking for), there are not several columns.It is a single column (so I think I can only put one formula) and seven rows, each corresponding to each day of the week.
I know it is a complicated subject but if you could get me the solution you would help me a lot.
It is a very important data for the company to analyze the income and if I could do it I would look very good with my boss.
Thank you very much for your help.