Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cepp0
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to avoid row duplication due to right joins in Qlik Sense

Hello everyone,

I am working on a script in Qlik Sense where I have used several right joins. However, I am encountering an issue where these joins are causing row duplication in my data.

I understand that this might be a result of having multiple matching entries in both tables. But, I'm not sure about the best way to deal with this problem.

Could anyone please guide me on how to avoid row duplication when performing right joins? Any advice or suggested alternative approaches would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Well, unfortunately, that is how you would avoid duplication. Depending on any number of factors, having two tables may or may not be a problem.

Your alternative would be to avoid the many to many relationship somehow, typically by either grouping the data on one side or filtering it so there is no longer a many to many relationship. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If you have a many to many scenario, a sided join will always result in duplication. If you don't want that, perhaps consider using Right Keep instead of Right Join?

cepp0
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes I did, but the keep instead of join creates more tables that contains the id fields specified in load statement

Or
MVP
MVP

Well, unfortunately, that is how you would avoid duplication. Depending on any number of factors, having two tables may or may not be a problem.

Your alternative would be to avoid the many to many relationship somehow, typically by either grouping the data on one side or filtering it so there is no longer a many to many relationship.