Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanir88
Creator
Creator

How to combine the all group values for each master number

Hi All,
present in my dashboard group values are displaying like below single group name to each master number, but is there any way to combine these values like  for example attached both tables, can anyone please help.

Present format:

Master Number
Master Name Location Client Classification  Group
1137 EXOR Italy South PRD Diamond Automotive
1137 EXOR Italy South PRD Diamond Comms & Media
1137 EXOR Italy South PRD Diamond Utilities
1137 EXOR India South PRD Diamond Automotive
1137 EXOR India South PRD Diamond Utilities

Required Formate:

Master Number Master Name Location Client Classification  Group
1137 EXOR Italy South PRD Diamond Automotive,Comms & media,Utilities
1137 EXOR India South PRD Diamond Automotive,Comms & media,Utilities
1137 EXOR India South PRD Diamond Automotive,Comms & media,Utilities
Labels (4)
7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Remove Group as dimension and add it per: concat(distinct Group, ',') as expression to your chart.

vanir88
Creator
Creator
Author

This is not working any other solution please

marcus_sommer

It will work. If not your case is differently to what you have shown here as an example. Please elaborate in more details what you have where done and which results you got.

vanir88
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Based on "Location" , "group" values  has to combine with , and i removed group as a dimention and tried to add  under materitems->dimension-> create new-> field name as group  and name as group and the condision i gave under lable expression and i dragged that filed to detail table .

but the , separated group values are coming as a lable name and values are coming like previous., i have shared the SS with data details also

vanir88_0-1711606253218.png

i have restricted Not Available values , so here instead of single group values with , separate it should display for all location based or master client number

vanir88_1-1711607149726.png

marcus_sommer

My suggestion above was not to apply this information as dimension else as expression! If you wrap the aggregation with an aggr() like:

aggr(concat(distinct Group, ','), [Master Number])

you could get it as dimension but this would be a calculated dimension which has a lot of disadvantages against native fields. Therefore you should have good reasons to do it in this way instead of just applying an appropriate expression or doing it within the data-model.

vanir88
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Still i can see location italy 3 rows, it should not happen because master number and master name con number Location same right now with this condition aggr(concat(distinct Group, ','), [Master Number]) we grouped the Group values with , separation. also we need to exculed this multiple Locaton value Italy ann it should disply only one row

Master  Number Master Name Con Number Location Group
1137 EXOR 99698 Italy Automotive,Comms & Media,Not Available,Utilities

it has to group and it has to display like below

Master  Number Master Name Contract Number Location Group
marcus_sommer

Returning more as a single row means that there are further non-unique dimensions included in the object or that the Group values aren't equally - maybe by containing any kind of spaces or other special chars or if it are dual() values.