Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to create a slider filter using a measure to filter a table in Qlik Sense

I have a table which contains 7 dimensions (one of them is product code) and 1 measure named 'product price'. In the current implementation the user has capability to filter the table on the basis of 'product code' only. I want to add another filter on 'product price' which gives user facility to select a range of 'product price' and then the report should automatically filter those transactions only.

On the community I found many similar questions and managed to work on below lines.

1. create two variables min(product price) and max(product price).

2. use 'variable input' visualization and put the minimum and maximum variables created above to  'values' parameters.  

The nearest similar question that I could find is 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Input-value-using-a-range-Slider/td-p/1742508

but I am  unable to understand the response given in the above question and how to connect my slider filter with the table.

My questions are:

1. I believe for the 'variable input' visualization I need to create a third variable with some logic inside it, what should be that logic?

2. How to connect the slider filter with the table such that user selection of the filter helps to filter table data.

Thanks

Environment: Qlik Sense Enterprise Client Managed for Windows

Version: QlikSense May 2023

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Neha7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey Tanmay,

wondering if you found any solution for your issue.

anat
Master
Master

You can try to create bucket for price field using class function

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Conditiona....

Clement15
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III