Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emillanc
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to filter the data for the previous months with Set Analysis

Hi all,
I'm trying to generate some insights from a table with the following structure:

Table with DataTable with Data

When I try to show in a KPI card the Sum of the Billed amounts with the data filtered for the previous months using this formula:
Sum({$<FYM_Avg = {"<=$(=Year(AddMonths(Today(), 0)) & Num(Month(AddMonths(Today(), 0)), '00'))"}>} Billed_Total_Avg)

emillanc_1-1689170469120.png

I always get 0 in the 'Billed' KPI card:

emillanc_0-1689170225188.png

Please your help to find the error in the formula

Regards

Emmanuel

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Emmanuel,

Your formula looks OK (I don't quite understand the role of AddMonths() with 0, but it shouldnt't cause any issues). I'd recommend examining the data format of your field FYM_Avg - is it a 6-digit number? Or a string? Or a date field, formatted as 'YYYYMM' ?

For example, what would happen if you enclosed your $-sign expansion in single quotes? Would that formula produce the expected number?

Sum({$<FYM_Avg = {"<='$(=Year(AddMonths(Today(), 0)) & Num(Month(AddMonths(Today(), 0)), '00'))'"}>} Billed_Total_Avg)

To learn more advanced development techniques, check out the agenda of the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Orlando and to Dublin!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Emmanuel,

Your formula looks OK (I don't quite understand the role of AddMonths() with 0, but it shouldnt't cause any issues). I'd recommend examining the data format of your field FYM_Avg - is it a 6-digit number? Or a string? Or a date field, formatted as 'YYYYMM' ?

For example, what would happen if you enclosed your $-sign expansion in single quotes? Would that formula produce the expected number?

Sum({$<FYM_Avg = {"<='$(=Year(AddMonths(Today(), 0)) & Num(Month(AddMonths(Today(), 0)), '00'))'"}>} Billed_Total_Avg)

To learn more advanced development techniques, check out the agenda of the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Orlando and to Dublin!

emillanc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank for your answer!

The idea of using  AddMonths is generate data with the same format that FYM_Avg  field (202306, 202307, 202308), using the current date.

I solved the issue with a Cast(FYM_Avg  As int64 ) in the query and using the same formula than above.