Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mputsoe2023
Contributor
Contributor

Incorrect Date range evaluation Set Analysis

Good day,

I came across some interesting behavior on how my Qliksense table chart script evaluates the date ranges. Here is my script below:

Mputsoe2023_1-1698669172365.png

My data model has date up to December 2024, but as you might see on my screenshot, I am only interested in records between October 2023 and Dec 2023. However, even though my syntax appears to be correct, my table chart still returns everything from October 2023 to December 2024.

My data is from a single SQL table and not joined to anything else and I made sure that my date (Month_Year) column is indeed a date data type.

Mputsoe2023_2-1698670026508.png

What am I missing here?

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

Your syntax seems to be correct, try removing the space between "<= " and $(=AddMonths(Max(Month_Year)-12). 

Your expression <=   $(=AddMonths(Max(Month_Year)-12) change it to <=$(=AddMonths(Max(Month_Year)-12) 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

Your syntax seems to be correct, try removing the space between "<= " and $(=AddMonths(Max(Month_Year)-12). 

Your expression <=   $(=AddMonths(Max(Month_Year)-12) change it to <=$(=AddMonths(Max(Month_Year)-12) 

maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

Please mark the solution as correct, This will help others with a similar issue  

Mputsoe2023
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hahahahaha!! I was definitely blind to that!   Thank you so much @maheshkuttappa !