Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikcoin5
Contributor II
Contributor II

Issues accessing qliksense desktop

Hi, 

I installed qlik sense but when I try to run the application and try to login into my account. It throws below errors:

Is qliksense desktop not free for 30 days anymore?

2.jpg

Labels (1)
7 Replies
jamesgauthier
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

You need to be on desktop version june 2020 patch 3, and create a Qlik Sense Business account (30 days free).

Then you can create an authentication link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mweWSdzsvRc

If you still have this error with the link, then you are in the same situation as a client I have. We still trying to figure what the problem is 

jamesgauthier
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Could some one confirm that the 30 days free trial for Qlik Sense Business do give the possibility to use Qlik Sense Desktop?

Or if you need to be on activated paid subscription to be able to use the authentication link for QS Desktop?

Hann
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @qlikcoin5 ,

May I know if the issue solve already? and if yes, may i know how you solve it? My client previously tried to perform the client authentication and got have the "you have no access pass" error but still able to use their desktop version but as client deskstop. But today they got the same error as the picture that you showed and cannot access the desktop. but there is no issue with their network.

Regards.

jamesgauthier
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

Yes, we have solved it last friday. The issue was the windows firewall on the PC.

It gave no warning that it blocked the connection, but it did.

We added an exception and could connect then, so you can have a look on same thing.

You can also try to check the antivirus and the LAN firewall.

qlikcoin5
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Hann 

Yes, First create qlik cloud account. In your cloud profile you should have link to download latest version of qlik sense desktop. Then create an account on qlik branch and download qsd file from qlik branch. 

create trial sub-folder within sense folder. This will give you access to qlik sense desktop for 2 months and later you can download a new JSON file every-time before it expires.

Hann

Hi @qlikcoin5 ,

Unfortunately, the user is an existing QS user. Their server version is june 2019, hence they want to sync the desktop version to june 2019 as well. I've tried to disable the firewall and LAN setting but still got the error. If I turn on the vpn, the "You cannot access qlik sense because you have no access pass" error will came out, if I turn off the vpn the "failed to authenticate against the selected server. Please make sure your internet connection is working and try again" error message will pop up.

The user do have the license tho. I raised the issue to Qlik support but they classified it as bug and the case is still pending for more than 20 days already.

TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Issues accessing qliksense desktop :  Add Authentication link follow this vieo:
Qlik Sense Desktop Unlock file | Trail expires Download | Extend Qlik Sense Install Unlock :

https://youtu.be/5JaICqB0qZQ 

Qlik sense desktop unlock 2.jpg