Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griffin2571
Contributor
Contributor

Keeping all dimension intact during filters on Gantt Chart

Trying to have my Gantt chart to show dimension at all times even values are zero/filtered.

Example:

Consider a report showing number of countries in each continent in a bar charts:

Asia: 102

Africa: 57

Europe: 34

America: 23

Now if a normal filter is applied then chart will only show value of Africa:

However I want that when user applies a filter of Africa, the chart should look like this:

Asia: 0

Europe: 0

America: 0

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not quite sure how any of this relates to Gantt charts, but in general, if you want to force a dimension to show up with a 0 value, the easiest way I know of is to add the following to your existing expression:

+Sum({1} 0)

e.g.

Count(Country) + Sum({1} 0)

Of course, you'll need to make sure 0 values are not hidden, under Data Handling.

griffin2571
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The reason I mentioned it in a gantt chart is when I did try the idea you suggested I keep getting an "Invalid Dimension". 

Or
MVP
MVP

This should be used on a measure, not on a dimension.

griffin2571
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Understand but that's the issue. Gantt chart only allows dimensions. There is no option to choose measure like it is a straight table.

Or
MVP
MVP

Qlik Sense doesn't have a Gantt Chart object, as far as I know, so I'm not sure what it is you're using exactly and what the limitations of that object may be. If this is a third-party extension, it may be better to check with the third-party author.