Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griffin2571
Contributor
Contributor

Left Join of Tables Not integrating target table

Table A 

griffin2571_0-1678373743076.png

Table B

Vin Number Type Mark Code Mark Code Description
4360001190 BMW YT Oil Change

Left Join (Table A)

Load * Resident Table B;

Drop Table Table B;

Result I get is the Table B columns becoming blank. Is there a way to solve this join issue?

Vin Number Repair Code Explanation Mark Code Mark Code Description Type
4360001190 AN Exercise - - BMW
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Please check this again - also in regard to leading zeros and/or any trailing spaces and/or any decimal-parts which may included but not visible per formatting. If the values are really identically the join would work. In this regard take also a look to further common fields between both tables like the shown field Type which values look equally but may also differ in some way. For a test you may exclude all other fields unless the Vin Number and a single other one - if it's now worked any other field is causing the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

The key-values aren't identically - one is a string and the other a number. You could use num#() or text() to make both equally.

griffin2571
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I casted Vin Number and Type as text() before I posted this but I still get the same result.

marcus_sommer

Please check this again - also in regard to leading zeros and/or any trailing spaces and/or any decimal-parts which may included but not visible per formatting. If the values are really identically the join would work. In this regard take also a look to further common fields between both tables like the shown field Type which values look equally but may also differ in some way. For a test you may exclude all other fields unless the Vin Number and a single other one - if it's now worked any other field is causing the issue.