Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshm43
Contributor III
Contributor III

Overriding Filter / Dimension Selections

Good day -

I have an expression I am trying to build where I want to be able to count the number of transactions regardless of the filter selection for just one filter.

Here is the context for the report.  I have a set of transaction data with the following key fields / dimensions:

Month/Year (Dimension in Report)

Region (Filter)

Category (Filter)

Transaction_ID (Measure in Report)

I have the report set up where the dimension is Month/Year, and the Measure is a Count of the Transaction_ID.

I run by setting a filter for the region and category.  While I am able to get the total transactions for that combination, I would also like to be able to show the % of total transactions for the Month/Year and Region.

The calc would look something like:

COUNT(Distinct  transaction_id) (by month/year, region, and category)

/

COUNT(Distinct transaction_id) (by month/year and region)

I have tested with TOTAL and it only disregards the Dimension in the report.

Any suggestions on how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshm43
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was able to resolve the basic need on this on by using Set Expression and the $ qualifier for the appropriate field - COUNT( {$<Category=>} Transaction_ID) 

This allows the selection on Region to persist, but disregards the selection for Category which is what was needed.

Thanks,

Mitch

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Please post some sample data an expected output 

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
joshm43
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was able to resolve the basic need on this on by using Set Expression and the $ qualifier for the appropriate field - COUNT( {$<Category=>} Transaction_ID) 

This allows the selection on Region to persist, but disregards the selection for Category which is what was needed.

Thanks,

Mitch