Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomhanse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense - How to prompt before loading to avoid large amount of data when running sql directly against the source

We have large datawarehouse stored in Oracle , and don't need to get the same data as qvd files. 

Therefore I need to be able to use ondemand sql against source tables with prompts so we can 

get the necessary amount of data based on which prompts the user i putting into the dashboard 

before loading data into the app. 

In SAP Business Objects we have n problem with prompts and can ask the user the amunt of data they want to get in a report so we do not need to have all the data in the dashboard/reports  (no need for qvd's ).

BO Web-I Prompt.png

Labels (5)
5 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Are you looking for Incremental load concept to avoid huge hit in the database

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tomhanse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sort of - but I do not want to store data into QVDs

I need to run the Dashboard with prompts before loading the data. e.g. only with data from  01122022 - 31012023

since the amount of data in the datawarehouse is tens of millions of rows 

MayilVahanan

Hi 

Try with ODAG , might be it helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft3I00-g4H4

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tomhanse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

It's difficult to se that this solve this. 

I simply want to be able to run OnDemand load of data with prompt/filtering the query before getting the data from the source system without storing it into qvd files . 

This is like within a sql with a simple : select * from <schema> where <User prompt e.g. selecting of months>   

tomhanse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Since I do not have base app - I need to run the sql directly to the source OnDemand app with user prompts to avoid large dataset.