Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomhanse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense - How to prompt before loading to avoid large amount of data when running sql directly against the source

We have large datawarehouse stored in Oracle , and don't need to get the same data as qvd files. 

Therefore I need to be able to use ondemand sql against source tables with prompts so we can 

get the necessary amount of data based on which prompts the user i putting into the dashboard 

before loading data into the app. 

In SAP Business Objects we have n problem with prompts and can ask the user the amunt of data they want to get in a report so we do not need to have all the data in the dashboard/reports  (no need for qvd's ).

BO Web-I Prompt.png

Labels (5)
5 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Are you looking for Incremental load concept to avoid huge hit in the database

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tomhanse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sort of - but I do not want to store data into QVDs

I need to run the Dashboard with prompts before loading the data. e.g. only with data from  01122022 - 31012023

since the amount of data in the datawarehouse is tens of millions of rows 

MayilVahanan

Hi 

Try with ODAG , might be it helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft3I00-g4H4

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tomhanse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

It's difficult to se that this solve this. 

I simply want to be able to run OnDemand load of data with prompt/filtering the query before getting the data from the source system without storing it into qvd files . 

This is like within a sql with a simple : select * from <schema> where <User prompt e.g. selecting of months>   

tomhanse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Since I do not have base app - I need to run the sql directly to the source OnDemand app with user prompts to avoid large dataset.