Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mounika4
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikcloud- Variable Input

Hi ...

Hi 

doing migration from qlikview to qlikcloud. so in qlikview they used Input Box Properties > Constraints > Value List > Select 'Predefined Values in Drop-down', >Select 'Listed Value' >  in listed value column  they given some condition ...

Mounika4_0-1702392818621.png

in Qlik Cloud ...we have a variable input chart but we dont have option to add that listed values condition ..i tried multipleways but not able to get output

pls help me anyone on this ..how to implement in Qlikcloud

Thank you

Labels (6)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RamanaKumarChintalapati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Mounika4 ,

let’s write your given condition in Inline load of table in Data Load Editor in Qlik Cloud like below

Just Example:

RamanaKumarChintalapati_1-1702442366639.png

Just call the column name in the variable input Dynamic Value Expression tab like below:

RamanaKumarChintalapati_2-1702442366642.png

Hope this will help to get idea; this answer will not help to you then please post your clear requirement

I will work on it and let you know.

Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

RamanaKumarChintalapati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Mounika4 

Here I have tired like below, Expression is changed like this to get list of values,

=If(Len(vToDate) = 0 , Concat(Distinct [Dateshort], '|', [Dateshort]) ,

Concat(Distinct If(Num([Dateshort]) <= Date#(vToDate, 'MMMM-YYYY'), [Dateshort],), '|', [Dateshort]))

RamanaKumarChintalapati_1-1702470491416.png

Is this your requirement or whenever selected the buttons the data set changed according to selection?

Moreover, the Input variable selection will not impact sheet visuals.

Thanks!!!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RamanaKumarChintalapati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Mounika4 ,

let’s write your given condition in Inline load of table in Data Load Editor in Qlik Cloud like below

Just Example:

RamanaKumarChintalapati_1-1702442366639.png

Just call the column name in the variable input Dynamic Value Expression tab like below:

RamanaKumarChintalapati_2-1702442366642.png

Hope this will help to get idea; this answer will not help to you then please post your clear requirement

I will work on it and let you know.

Thanks!!!

Mounika4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ramana,

below is the Qlikview UI image :they used inpbox box here they used Variable example vfrom

Mounika4_1-1702450821514.png

Vfrom defined like this =Only({<MonthIndex = {'$(=Max(MonthIndex)-6)'}>}[Date Short])  ...outputvalue is Jun-2023

as ashow in the above snap

But if we click that highlighted  dropdown..its showing its populating like the below snap

Mounika4_2-1702450986497.png

bec , in constrains tabs >listed values >they writen condition 

Mounika4_3-1702451066181.png

like this

=If(Len(vToDate) = 0 , Concat(Distinct [Date Short], ',', [Date Short]) , Concat(Distinct If(Num([Date Short]) <= Date#(vToDate, 'MMMM-YYYY'), [Date Short],), ',', [Date Short]))

so here if i used that variable Vfrom its only showing output value i.e jun-2023 ..i tried covert  that listed value condition as a field but not able to get output.

If you have any idea pls let me know

Thanks,

Mounika k.

RamanaKumarChintalapati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Mounika4 

Here I have tired like below, Expression is changed like this to get list of values,

=If(Len(vToDate) = 0 , Concat(Distinct [Dateshort], '|', [Dateshort]) ,

Concat(Distinct If(Num([Dateshort]) <= Date#(vToDate, 'MMMM-YYYY'), [Dateshort],), '|', [Dateshort]))

RamanaKumarChintalapati_1-1702470491416.png

Is this your requirement or whenever selected the buttons the data set changed according to selection?

Moreover, the Input variable selection will not impact sheet visuals.

Thanks!!!!

Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

Try this create a variable in data load editor and set its initial value based on your condition.
In your charts you can use the variable created, if vTest is your variable.
 =If($(vTest), YourTrueExpression, YourFalseExpression)