Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ypolat
Contributor
Contributor

Search for the right answer

Hi I am looking for the right solution, unfortunately I think the given solution is not coorect ...

Referring to the image. A data architect should add an Excel spreadsheet to a newly developed application. Some fields have values only in the first record of each Sales Order.

The data architect must perform a transformation so that each row contains all the populated information. What functions should the data architect implement to resolve this issue during the load?

Ypolat_1-1694266614607.png

Choose one:

Interval Match

Previous

Above

Filters( Replace(1, top, StrCnd(null) ) ) 

my answer would be: Previous

but the solution says : Filters( Replace(1, top, StrCnd(null) ) ) my question would be why 😞

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Because Previous() reads from the input table. So Previous would only get values from the first row of the Order. Previous against subsequent rows would return the original values, blanks. 

Peek() would work however, because Peek reads from the output table. 

Filters() works as well and is the only correct answer in the offered choices. 

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Because Previous() reads from the input table. So Previous would only get values from the first row of the Order. Previous against subsequent rows would return the original values, blanks. 

Peek() would work however, because Peek reads from the output table. 

Filters() works as well and is the only correct answer in the offered choices. 

-Rob

Ypolat
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Rob,

thanks a lot !!! 

br, Yücel