Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
has35526
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show the latest Record in Filter Pane

Hi Everyone,

I need to show the latest record in the filter pane. The firstsortedvalue is working as expected but only when I created a measure. Is there a way to show the latest record only in the filter pane.

For example: I only want to show NLS-FSMFTB in the filter pane. 

NLS
NLS- FMFTB
Labels (3)
13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How the values decided when they created/inserted? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
has35526
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is based on the date I believe 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If date is primary for your model, try this

If(date(date)=date(Max(Total date)), <Your expected FieldName>)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
has35526
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni Thanks for your reply. this formula is reducing the search result If(date(date)=date(Max(Total date)), <Your expected FieldName>) meaning without this expression we have 30 records and when I add this expression I only get 15 records. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please share the sample data set and expected result?

has35526
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni Here is test data. The expected result is that I only want to show the latest company name which is NLS- FMFTB. I can't use the if statement to rename the company name as there could be multiple company name where the name has been changed in the database. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why can't you use like this as expression in filter pane?

=If(date(processing_date, 'yyyy-mm-dd')=date(Max(Total processing_date), 'yyyy-mm-dd'), company_name)

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

@has35526  Try like this.

=Aggr(If(processing_date=Max(TOTAL processing_date), company_name), record_id)

has35526
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry Anil I couldn't reply earlier. The reason why this expression is not working because it is limiting the company name. Only displaying max total processing date company names.