Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ross1991
Contributor III
Contributor III

Table being combined when Uploaded

How do I keep two tables separately when uploaded?  Each table is a separate Excel file (Feb.xls and March.xls).  Row heading and columns are the same on both files except data are different (production numbers).  I created a new App.  Then uploaded two separate files.  But both gets combined into one table once uploaded.  Instead of seeing two Bubbles, I see one Bubble in Data manager (as shown below). I would like to see each table separately with two Bubbles in a Data Manager. One for Feb and one for March.  Thank you.   

Ross1991_0-1714508933653.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Feb:
LOAD * FROM Feb.xls;

NoConcatenate

March:
LOAD * FROM March.xls;

NoConcatenate is a script statement you manually add between the two LOAD statements in the script editor/Data load editor.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If the field names and the number of fields in multiple loaded tables are identical, Qlik will automatically merge their content into a single table through automatic concatenation.

However, this can be prevent by using a "NoConcatenate" statement.

Feb:
LOAD * FROM Feb.xls;

NoConcatenate

March:
LOAD * FROM March.xls;

Ross1991
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can you please tell me where do I find No Concatenate Button?  I loaded Feb.xls.  Looking for No Concatenate, before loading March.xls.  Thanks.

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Feb:
LOAD * FROM Feb.xls;

NoConcatenate

March:
LOAD * FROM March.xls;

NoConcatenate is a script statement you manually add between the two LOAD statements in the script editor/Data load editor.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A related question. Why do you want to keep these tables separate? If we understood that maybe we could offer some other suggestions. 

-Rob

Ross1991
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks to @BrunPierre for replying.   I got it.  I also discovered how to split table by clicking on Split Table icon in data manager without having to write a statement.  It is on pull down button on button "Associations".  @rwunderlich I am very new to Qlik Sense (less than a month to be exact), so I have not fully comprehend the advantage and disadvantage of  joined or separate tables.  Once I was able to make a separate tables, now I realize, it may not work for my application.  At least now I know how to do it.  Looking forward to learn a lot from you all experts out there.   Thank you again.