Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L_Hop
Creator
Creator

cumulative sum in bar chart

Hello everyone,

I am trying to calculate cumulative sum in a bar chart in Qlik Sense which has two dimensions; month and year. My measure is sum of Sales.

What I want is, sales values should be cumulatively summed in bar chart for the selected months.

For example: March 2016  sales values should be sum of Jan 2016 and Feb 2016 on pivot table and rest of them also should be the same.

Right now I have below bar chart, it is only showing the related month year sales data.

bar chart.PNG

I have tried "=RangeSum(Above(Sum(Sales), 0, RowNo(total)))" but it has not worked. Result of the "=RangeSum(Above(Sum(Sales), 0, RowNo(total)))" is below picture.

rangesum_above_rowno().PNG

Please suggest me any solution if anyone of you gone through the same problem.

Thanks.

OY

30 Replies
I_Dia
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have a similar issue but even after using your solution my problem is still there.

My bar chart uses those 3 components :

- Dates as  Group : =Year(Date(Date#(MyField_Date,'DD-MMM-YY'),'YYYY-MM')) & ' - ' & num(Month(Date(Date#(Myfield_Date,'DD-MMM-YY'),'YYYY-MM')),'00')

- Status as Bars : = MyField_Status

- Cumulative Status as Lengh of bar : 

RangeSum(Above(

Count (

if (

Not Isnull (Date(Date#(MyField_Date,'DD-MMM-YY'),'MMM-YYYY'))

and 

not 

(

isnull(MyField_Status) 

or 

len(trim(MyField_Status))= 0 

) 

,(Date(Date#(MyField_Date,'DD-MMM-YY'),'MMM-YYYY')),null()

)

)

,0,RowNo()))

What I want is to have the cumulated number of dates associated with a status per Year. 
The counting is done on the month of the dates and the the cumulus goes back restart from 0 for each year.

The problem is that the cumulus only works on each individual Month-Year, meaning that it cumulates the number of status between themselves in one month at a time.

Does any one have an idea of what I can do or should do ?

Thank you in advance.