Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gianmariatodeschini
Contributor II
Contributor II

failed to open document

I have been using QlikView Personal edition for years on the same PC. From today when I try to open any file the response is always the same: "failed to open document".
Can anyone help me?

Labels (2)
8 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe all restore-keys are consumed by opening foreign applications and/or a changed hardware. Further the path might have been changed - therefore you may try to open the files directly and not per start-window.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @gianmariatodeschini ,

The article was opened in QDI product, Qlik Replicate area. I'm moving it to QDA product area now.

Regards,
John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

Did you open QVW files created on another desktop or the same PC with a different account? Qlik gives you a limited number of attempts to recover/open after that you will need a license to open files even one created on your PC. 

gianmariatodeschini
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

NO, I opened the file from the same PC as usual. The problem that does not
open any qlik files. Not even if I create a new empty file. It always gives
me the same error.
I would like to reinstall qlik but then I could actually have problems with
the license.
gianmariatodeschini
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No, I have always used the same PC and the same account.
Unfortunately the problem occurs with all qlik files.
I also tried to create a new file but once created trying to open it I still get the same error.
Maybe I should try reinstalling qlik but I don't want to risk losing everything.
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Gianmaria, Is this Qlik Sense or another Qlik Product? What error are you getting? What is the problem with your license?

marcus_sommer

Take a look on the applied security tools if they prevent each access. The log-files from the tools should show it. A rather simple check might be also to disable all network connections and then disabling these tools and then trying again if the qvw's could be opened.

Another investigation might go to the active directory rights for the settings.ini and also to the folder in which the qvw's are stored. Has your used user really read/write/change rights to these files?

Pablo007
Creator
Creator

Dear @gianmariatodeschini ,

How many APPs do you have developed on Qlikview?

Have you changed machine name ?

Thanks