Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

filter pane set analysis to show inception to filter selection

The title may seem a bit confusing. But I have a few charts that show a trend by year. I'd like for a user to select a year on the filter pane and the charts should update to show all the years selected to that point.

example-

A user selects 2019 on the filter pane, all the graphs should update and show all the years up until 2019. Currently, the way it is behaving is when I select 2019, it will only show data points for just 2019. I'd like for the filter to understand I'd want a range. x --> year (selected by user). Is this a possibility? I can mock up a quick sample if that may help. 

Thanks all.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
melissapluke
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You can add ='Year' & GetFieldSelections([Name of Year Field]) and it would show up like this: 

"Year 2018" if you selected just 2018

"Year 2018, 2019" if you selected both those years.

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks. I've tried your method but I don't think it applies here. I added a quick sample qvf for clarification. On the filter pane, if a user selects "2019" I'm hoping to see data for 2012-2019. Likewise, if they were to select "2015" they should see all the data for 2012-2015. I'm trying to set a range on my filter selection dynamically for the end users. Hope my app/qvf makes a bit more sense. Thanks for your help.

melissapluke
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Ah, I understand now. I don't know how you would do that with a filter, but you could add a few buttons rather than a filter. In your extensions, do you have the Dashboard Bundle? In there, there is an extension called "Button for navigation". You could add a button for each year, and rather than have it select a single year, you can set it to select multiple values in a field and add in all the years you would like for each one.

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I think that will take up too much real estate on our page. After a bit of thinking, I think I need to set up a variable in the script that will be = to the very first year/inception (in this case 2012). After setting that up, in the filter pane I need to set a range to say $variable/2012 between get selected field(which ever year user is selecting). Conceptually, this should work but I have yet to try this. If anyone has any experience and would like to chime in, that would be greatly appreciated.