Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cantona_rules
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

set analysis on category not working

Hi 

I have the following report:

t1.PNG

I would like to show the column  name (category)in the bar-chart no-matter what is chosen in the type filter, but I can't get it to work.

t2.PNG

the only formula I can get work is number 3(which ignores the chosen type (month in this case) BUT this formula can't be used in a barchart as a dimension.

What am I missing?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@cantona_rules Instead of putting set expression in dimension, use set analysis in your measure. You can simply add dimension Name with below expression

=sum({<Type, to_be_used={'Y'}>}Value)

cantona_rules
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Kushal_Chawda but what if I just want to display the name (not any values) so how can I use set - analysis on the category column (so I just want to list all names)

thanks

Br Brian

Kushal_Chawda

@cantona_rules  What do you mean by just want to display name and not values? You just need to call Name in dimension(without any condition) and then use set in your expression

cantona_rules
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Kushal_Chawda 

I just want a list of names (I don't want to sum, count or anything like that)

When I have chosen to_be_used =Y then I would like to display the entire list of name and types disregarding what have been chosen in the type filter box.

E.g in this situation when I have chosen month it will show only type = month in the table

t4.PNG

But I would like it to show the entire list of names and types and I can't use your set analysis with a sum or anything like that becase there is nothing to sum, I just want to display alle the names and types, like this:

t3.PNG

So you showed me a sum with a set analysis but theres is nothing to sum! Thats why a tried a aggr(maxstring .....

and aggr(only (..... but I can't get it to work