Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giwa_Temitopoluwa
Contributor
Contributor

set analysis

I have issues with using set analysis to get a count of the values in a column of Yes and No,I need the count of Yes...What am I doing wrong?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

I'd suggest confirming that your values are actually Yes and No (with the correct lower/uppercase), and that this is a master measure (and not a dimension). You could also troubleshoot by replacing the 'Yes' with * (all values) and see if that count works, or by replacing the set with a matching if() statement.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Other than the use of double quotes instead of single quotes, it looks fine, and that shouldn't change the result.

Giwa_Temitopoluwa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I saved it as a master item ,then tried to use it in a KPI but it's giving a dash

Giwa_Temitopoluwa_0-1661853164471.png

And this is what I get when I used same expression but different values

Giwa_Temitopoluwa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I saved it as a master item ,then tried to use it in a KPI but it's giving a dash

Giwa_Temitopoluwa_0-1661853164471.png

And this is what I get when I used same expression but different values

Or
MVP
MVP

I'd suggest confirming that your values are actually Yes and No (with the correct lower/uppercase), and that this is a master measure (and not a dimension). You could also troubleshoot by replacing the 'Yes' with * (all values) and see if that count works, or by replacing the set with a matching if() statement.

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try these

Count(IF(WildMatch(Ordered, '*Yes*'), Ordered))

or

Count({<Ordered= {"*Yes*"}>}Ordered)

edwin
Master II
Master II

follow what @Or suggested, try replacing the double quotes with single quotes