Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III

Data Model Issue

Nation
RegionDistrictTeam
NationRG01D01T01
NationRG01D01T02
NationRG01D02T03
NationRG01D02T04
NationRG01D02T05
NationRG02D03T06
Geo_Dim Table
In my application I need to show summarized data. So in my data model I am keeping data at team level. I am processing physician level data in backend (Using Sql) and keeping the summarized data in Team Level. Using this team level data I am calculating the district, Region and Nation Level values in Front end (Qlikview expression). But now I am facing some data level issues in district level values because duplication of physician (One physician is present in two teams). So I need to keep all Geography level data in fact table. I have one ‘Geo_Dim’ table contains the Team, District, Region and Nation relations(Alignment) I am facing problem to relate the ‘Geo_Dim’ table to my fact table.
Fact_table
GeoGeo_TypeVolVol ChgNew VolNew VolChgProductIDSegmentIDPeriodID
NationNation121
RG01Region121
RG2Region121
D01District121
D02District121
D03District121
T01Team121
T02Team121
T03Team121
T04Team121
T05Team121
I need to keep all geography level data and need a relationship with Geo_Dim. IF I am selecting one district or Region need to show all the teams in that perticular district.
What all are changes I need to do in this data structure?
Thanks,
Sibin Jacob.C
3 Replies
Not applicable

Sibin:

What problem you are facing in joining your Geo_Dim to the Fact. What is the structure of your Geo_Dim table.

I created a small sample but don't how to attach it to this reply. Please let me know how can i attach my qvw

I can attach an image, tell me if you want something like this.

Physician.jpg

sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hai Chand,

Use advanced editor to attach the files.

In the top of reply box, click on 'Use advanced editor' option.

Thanks,

Sibin Jacob.C

Not applicable

Please find attached Physicians_tables.xlsx. In this i have created 2 dimensions and one fact.

Also find attached Physician.qvw

Let me know if this will work for you.