Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi Experts

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to send PDF format report via mail (SMTP Configuration) in QlikView(Personal Edition) without having QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher ??  Any Suggestions or Help to do this

Thanks in Advance

Reddi Kishor.P

13 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

yes it's possible,

use marco to generate .pdf file and store that file in any of ur local folder.

and use another macro(by keeping all ur smpt details to send emails) by adding attaching(i.e.,ur .pdf) & use windows batch scheduler to send emails automatically any particular time.

hope helps!

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Don't forget that PERSONAL EDITION is for PERSONAL USE ONLY, not for creating Distributed reports!

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva,

As i was already posted a question regarding Macro Script for PDF Format report and send this report to mail....still i am not able to do this.....could you please ping me your whatsapp or reach my whatsapp number i.e +91 9618137432.....reply me its urgent bro......

Thanks

Reddi Kishor.P

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just to add to the above, if you need to schedule a reload using Qlik View Desktop you can do this using Windows Scheduler and the /r flag on the command line.

You won't end up with a very reliable solution though.

Your minimum solution for a robust (and simpler to create) way of distributing reports is a licenced version of QlikView Desktop and a copy of NPrinting Designer.

For any kind of business application the time saved in cobbling together something without these components will easily offset the licence costs.

There is likely to be a price rise for NPrinting soon - so now is a good time to get hold of this software.

Hope that helps.

Steve