cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Venn Diagrams - Dynamic Selections for Objects

Hi All,

BACKGROUND:

A few posts ago Dariusz Mielczarek was Genius enough to help me create Set Analysis variables to create a Venn Diagram

Those variables looked like this

vVennSelect1

trim(SubField(GetFieldSelections(Order_Name),',',1))

vVennCount1

count({$<Order_Name={'$(vVennSelect1)'}>} ID)

and for the intersections

vVennCount_AB

sum(aggr(if(count(DISTINCT {<Order_Name={'$(=vVennSelect1)','$(=vVennSelect2)'}>}Order_Name)=2,1,0), ID))

Along with some google expression API, i was able to create a nice Venn diagram when the user selected 2 or 3  given [Order_Name]

however after some UAT, users said they would like the Venn to work on high level detail rather than the granular detail of [Order_Name] . My Data Model has other fields with groupings such as [Order_Type] (online, mail, telephone, walkin) or [Delivery_Type] (voucher, evoucher, delivery, pickup).

QUESTION:

i'm using GetFieldSelections - is there any other way i could adjust these expressions and variables to allow the Venn Diagram to show ,based of the count of ID, using the field they are selecting on the dashboard? rather that hardcoded to one measurment [Order_Name]

Thanks.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You could use groups and getfieldselections(GetCurrentField('groupname'))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Matthew,

i think we may try to use concat() instead GetFieldSelections. Please attach your sample or link to old thread to let community easier find example for trying ideas

reagrds

Darek

Not applicable
Author

Attached is the file i cannot get to work

the blue boxes are meant to resolve the variables to see if the work but problem 1: i can resolve the intersects and problem 2: i can only seem to get this to work when i hard code a field name like ORDER_TYPE

Not applicable
Author

Matthew,

I think, we have 2 possible ways:

1. User selects diagram level (f.i. order type, order etc.)

2. We calculate this level, finding highest level, where 2 possible

elements exists (like chart with hierarchy group dimension)

Which approach is preffered by uswest?

23-05-2014 16:44 użytkownik "matthew truslove" <qcwebmaster@qlik.com>

napisał:

Qlik Community <http://community.qlik.com/> Re: Venn Diagrams -

Dynamic Selections for Objects

reply from matthew truslove<http://community.qlik.com/people/teelovef1?et=watches.email.thread>in *New

to QlikView* - View the full discussion<http://community.qlik.com/message/534690?et=watches.email.thread#534690>

Not applicable
Author

The best approach i think for this dashboard would be letter the user be in control of which they want to select of a minimum of one and maximum of three items per level.

Not applicable
Author

i'm going to explore this option as well, thank you

Not applicable
Author

Matthew,

i can imagine that:

- user selects from 1'st listbox (always one selected)  diagram level. There are items like Order Name, Order Type, Delivery Type.

- there is 2'nd listbox with items deppending of selection in 1'st listbox

So, we have Island table with all possible diagram levels and with expressions we need depending of user selection.

This way our expressions are dynamic.

Let me know what do you think about this idea.

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

that seems like the logical approach, as long as the the venn can display the crossovers like below.

OT.JPG.jpg

or when they choose another level it may look like this

DT.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

as we can see in the first diagram some customer ordered something from all 3 order_type where as the 2nd diagram show that the customers never choose all 3 deleivery methods