Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!

Data Gateway failing with Invalid metadata response (DirectAccess-2201)

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NadiaB
Support
Support

Data Gateway failing with Invalid metadata response (DirectAccess-2201)

Last Update:

Jun 20, 2023 9:20:03 AM

Updated By:

NadiaB

Created date:

Sep 1, 2022 11:02:03 AM

Qlik Data Gateway erroring out with "Invalid metadata response (DirectAccess-2201) " message. The error could be due to a different issues. 

Resolution

• Verify Privileges on the space where the Gateway was created and the Space where user is attempting to create the connection, our documentation describes the details  here
  • If privileges are correct, try to restart Qlik Data Gateway services on the Server where it resides.
  • Verify if the issue is specific to a connection, if one user was able to successfully create a connection, attempt to create a new connection with the user that is getting the error.
  • If nobody is able to create a connection for an specific Data Source, attempt to configure a DSN ODBC connection from the Data Gateway Server to verify it succeeds. 

Cause

The cause of the issue is usually configuration, if the suggestions above didn't fix the issue it will be necessary to report the issue for further analysis. 

Related Content

Qlik Data Gateway: Direct Access Data Gateway failing with Internal Error 

Environment

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
Comments
Thierno
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi NadiaB,

I have the issue and I unblocked the port as said but it still doesn't work.
I've posted more detail in this post :

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Cloud-Data-Services/Qlik-cloud-Data-gateways/m-p/1976446#U1976446

dennismachel
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am yet to start using Data Gateway because of this issue. I have reported to QLIK and still no resolution. Frankly, rather disappointing.

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-06-20 09:20 AM
Updated by: