Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Error: TemplateEntities list does not contain this column when previewing report templated in Qlik NPrinting Designer

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Error: TemplateEntities list does not contain this column when previewing report templated in Qlik NPrinting Designer

Last Update:

Sep 15, 2023 8:58:58 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Aug 24, 2023 3:21:34 AM

Attachments

Previewing Qlik NPrinting report templates in the Qlik NPrinting Designer leads to the error:

An error occurred while elaborating the entity tags.
Please check if the entities are properly placed inside their level tags.
Error message:
TemplateEntities list does not contain this column
Parameter name: templateEntities

templateentities list does nt contain this column.png

Environment

Qlik NPrinting Designer May 2023 IR, May 2023 SR 1

Resolution

Upgrade to Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR 2.

Information on this defect is given as is at the time of documenting. For up-to-date information, please review the most recent Release Notes with the ID OP-95892 for reference.

Workaround:

Replace the current Qlik.Reporting.Adapters.dll file in C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Designer\libs.

For this workaround to function, the installed Qlik NPrinting designer version must be May 2023 SR1.
  1. Take a backup of the current Qlik.Reporting.Adapters.dll file
  2. Download the attached Qlik.Reporting.Adapters.zip file
  3. Extract the .dll.
  4. Replace the Qlik.Reporting.Adapters.dll file
Upgrade to May 2023 SR2 when released.

Fix Version:

Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR 2

Cause

OP-95892

Labels (1)
Comments
AshishPatel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I do not see May 2023 SR2 is available for us to download. Can you please have a look?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello, @AshishPatel Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR2 has not yet been released. Please keep an eye on the Release Notes page (you can subscribe to it) for release updates. 

All the best,
Sonja 

Johannes_Becker
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello everyone (also tagging @Ruggero_Piccoli ),
we have the same problem and I wanted to ask for the best approach.
I see an August release but it is greyed out and there is no Release note.
Should I update to the August release to fix the problem or should I wait for a May SR 2 - and if yes, how long would it take?
All the best
Johannes

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Johannes_Becker 

Qlik NPrinting does not have an August 2023 release. As for the May 2023 SR2 release: I do not currently have a release date, but the release notes will be uploaded as soon as one becomes available. I recommend subscribing to the release notes board to receive the alert.

All the best,
Sonja 

Johannes_Becker
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Ah, it's Qlik filter logic, greyed out of course means does not exist, I somehow exprected it to behave differently 😄
Thanks for the reply

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

@Johannes_Becker Sorry for the delay and yes as per @Sonja_Bauernfeind suggestion you have to wait May 2023 SR2 release and the following.

aniruddha_sinha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi All

I can't find Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR 2   for this issue to fix.

Can anyone suggest where should I find this? Or, is it at all released ?

Thanks

Ani

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @aniruddha_sinha ,

Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR2 is not yet released. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

AshishPatel
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys,

You do not have to wait till May 2023 release of NPrinting. Just copy the Qlik.Reporting.Adaptors.dll file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Designer\libs folder. Make sure you take the backup of the previous DLL file. And restart your PC. That should solve the problem. The DLL file is located at the top of the issue reported here as shown in the image below.

[cid:image001.png@01D9F119.09DFF950]
Thank you
Regards,
Ashish Patel
aniruddha_sinha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Ashish

Thanks for your time in responding my query. Actually, this option won't work for me as I can't install MS office (excel or anything) in n printing server. Will it work at all if i install only n printing designer in the n printing server (where we dont have MS office) and follow this step ? Because ultimately designer will need MS office to talk to the templates as per my understanding.

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-09-15 08:58 AM
Updated by: