Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik and Talend Support Cases are now opened in the same place.

NPrinting Word tables with Source Formats and table borders

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

NPrinting Word tables with Source Formats and table borders

Last Update:

Jul 7, 2021 4:44:21 AM

Updated By:

Andrea_Bertazzo

Created date:

Jul 7, 2021 4:28:23 AM

The"Keep Source Formats" option has some limitations in NPrinting. One of them is about tables in Word reports.  Tables generated in a Word report with the "Keep Source Format" option active have no border. A user has to give up the table border in order to keep the original Sense formats.
This article provides a workaround to create Word tables with borders and source formats.

Environment

• NPrinting 2020 and higher releases

Resolution

Follow these steps to generate a Word table with borders and Source formats.

1. Import the entire table as level.
  2. Drag the level in the Word template and drag the table columns between the level tags. Be sure that blank rows are removed .

steps 1. and 2.steps 1. and 2.

3. Add a table row at the top of the level and enter the titles manually. Be sure that blank rows are removed.
  4. Use Word formatting options to customize the title.

steps 3. and 4.steps 3. and 4.

Here below an example of the result:

result exampleresult example

Following this workaround it is possible to create a Word table with borders and Sense formatting. On the other side, there are some limitations to consider:

• The table header must be created and edited manually and it is possible that it is not identical to the Sense table header.
  • The generation of levels requires more system resources and more time. Applying this workaround can slow down the performance of NPrinting especially when many tables are generated this way in a report and when one of this table is cycled by a page, by a cycle or by another level. Be sure that you keep the performance monitored.

Another option to customize tables in Word is to use the Word formatting as shown in this article.

Labels (1)
Comments
wlau
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am experiencing the same problem myself.  I had trouble getting the borders to display so I tried this method of  using levels.  While the borders did come out, I lost the source formatting.  

Down below is a before and after image.  The chart on top is a single table with the source formatting set.  The font colors carried over from Qlik.  However, no borders.

The chart on the bottom was created with levels.  The borders will appear but I lost the font colors.  I get the same results with the table on top if I turn off source formatting.

LevelFormattingExample.PNG

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-07-07 04:44 AM
Updated by: