Last Update:

Dec 9, 2022 12:50:00 PM

Updated By:

KellyHobson

Created date:

Dec 9, 2022 11:59:32 AM

Attachments

Introduction

There are several options for generating predictions in AutoML. In this article, we will outline steps for doing this in a Qlik Sense App using the Qlik_AutoML (non Legacy) data connection. An advantage for using this method, is you can continually refresh the apply or prediction dataset and run the predictions script. This keeps all steps within Qlik Cloud, and is another option to running it manually, on a scheduled basis, or externally with the API

Steps

In this example, I am working with the Iris dataset.

1. Upload iris.csv to Qlik Cloud.

2. Click Add New -> ML experiment and fill out the information

create_ml_experiment_1.png

create_ml_experiment_2.png

3. Run the experiment with 'variety' as the target

run_experiment_3.png

4. Select the champion model and click Deploy

deploy_4.png

deploy_5.png

5. Go back to Analytic Services and open a new Qlik Sense App.

newApp_6.png

newApp_7.png

newApp_8.png

Select the prediction data and then click load into App.

select_dataforapp_9.png

*NOTE* in this example, we are using the same dataset for Training as we are for the Prediction dataset. This is not best practice. When selecting a table to base your App on in this step (#5), this is the Apply or Prediction table.

select_dataforapp_10.png

6. Open up Data Load Editor and add a new section called automl_pred

dataLoad_editor_11.png

dataLoad_editor_12.png

7. Within this section, navigate to the right hand side of the page and click 'Create New Connection'

new_dataconnection_13.png

Select 'Qlik AutoML' under the Analytics Sources section. Note you must be licensed to use this for this source to appear.

new_dataconnection_14.png

Select the ML Deployment we created in #4

new_dataconnection_15.png

Select a name for the Returned table. In this case we include the Apply dataset in the table. Click Create.

new_dataconnection_16.png

8. You will now see a Qlik_AutoML connection icon in your pane. Click on the data icon with the pencil icon.

syntax_17.png

For the resident table, select 'iris' which is the Apply or predictions dataset we loaded in #5.

Then select 'Iris_predictions_out' under the tables section.

Click on insert script and this will copy the syntax to your data load editor section.

syntax_18.png

syntax_19.png

9. Optional: If you would like to save the predictions dataset in Qlik Catalog as a QVD, add the following syntax.

Store Iris_predictions_out into [lib://DataFiles/iris_predictions_output.qvd];

syntax_20.png

10. Load your data and explore the results in Qlik Sense

load_data_21.png

final_sheet22.png

Environment

The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

Related Content

Generating Predictions externally with the API 

Comments
William_Wistam
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am stuck with Step1, "Upload iris.csv to Qlik Cloud". I went to the site, click download but I didn't see iris.csv file. What did I miss? Please help. Thanks. 

KellyHobson
Support
Support

Hey @William_Wistam ,

I've added iris.csv as an attachment to the article. I will appear under the title. 

Let me know if you have any issue downloading. 

Best,

Kelly

William_Wistam
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @KellyHobson,

It works. Thank you so much for your help!

William_Wistam
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @KellyHobson,

Everything is working until I clicked on "Load data" and I got an error. See screen shot below. Do you know why? I check the scripts and it matches yours. Let me know. Thanks.

William_Wistam_0-1680906980044.png

William_Wistam_1-1680907332727.png

KellyHobson
Support
Support

Hey @William_Wistam ,

You are encountering a license limitation with your current tenant.  These limitations are described in this article .  Specifically "no API access." 

Can you confirm if you are in the included tier? 

Thanks, 

Kelly 

William_Wistam
Contributor III
Contributor III

@KellyHobson  are you saying the above article use "API access"? Can you refer me to an article without using "API access"? Just for testing. Thanks. 

KellyHobson
Support
Support

Hey @William_Wistam ,

Yes that's correct. The environment which I was using this load editor code has API access.  

Without a higher tenant tier level, you will not be able to test this unfortunately.  

For generating predictions within the AutoML Model Manager UI, you can follow the steps in this article

Best,

Kelly 

William_Wistam
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks @KellyHobson , I will give it a try.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-12-09 12:50 PM
Updated by: