Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Qlik Cloud table data export does not include the totals from the object's presentation option

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Qlik Cloud table data export does not include the totals from the object's presentation option

Last Update:

Dec 7, 2022 8:50:18 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jun 28, 2019 2:32:42 AM

Totals are not included when exporting data in Qlik Cloud.

Totals and other formatting options can be exported in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows. See Downloading data from a table.

download data.png

This is working as expected. Qlik Cloud only exports the data and the aggregation and will not export formatting/presentation options. See SaaS editions of Qlik Sense/QlikView: data export to Excel does not keep styling (colours, format...... 

Labels (1)
Comments
alex_chaourov
Contributor
Contributor

This was correct for 2019...

However, since Nov 2022 Qlik support Data Export from plain table with totals.

See for example: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DataExport/export-da...
"In the Data export settings dialog you can select to have enhanced table formatting applied to your export, including styling and row totals"

Question: How to use Qlik API to Data Export from plain table with totals?
Are there any plans to extend current exportData({'format':'EXPORT_OOXML','state':'EXPORT_POSSIBLE', download: true})
...with extra parameter e.g. includeTableFormatting: true ?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @alex_chaourov 

Thank you for reaching out! You are correct about the on-premise/client-managed version of Qlik Sense supporting the export of totals. I have rewritten the article to clarify that the restriction documented here applies to Qlik Cloud, rather than Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.

As for your question: 

I have not located an idea around this. I would recommend logging one here.

All the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-12-07 08:50 AM
Updated by: