Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More

Qlik Replicate: Diagnostic Package Analysis Script

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KellyHobson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Qlik Replicate: Diagnostic Package Analysis Script

Last Update:

Nov 22, 2022 2:11:10 PM

Updated By:

KellyHobson

Created date:

Nov 22, 2022 2:11:19 PM

Attachments

Introduction

This is a handy tool to run against a diagnostic package downloaded from Replicate. The diagnostic package contains recent log files (less than 10MB) and task information which is helpful for troubleshooting issues.

The goal of the script is to search for common key words or phrases quickly without having to open and read each log manually.

It is meant to be run on a linux environment with bash or shell scripting enabled.  In the steps below, I am connecting to a Centos machine with MobaXterm.  Then I am viewing the report with WinSCP after connecting to the same machine. 

Files

runT.sh : shell script to set up instance folder, and then trigger the health_check.sh script

health_check.sh : script to search through task.json and log files for information related to metadata, errors, warnings and then prints a report.

These files are included in health_check.zip which is attached to the article.  When you unpack them make sure they are executable (chmod +x ..).

Steps

1. Download both scripts and move them to an environment with bash/shell enabled.

1.png

2. In the same folder or directory location, upload the diagnostic package as a zipped file.

*Note this can be the only zip file in the directory when running the ./runT.sh

2a_upload.png

2b_ziptothere.png

3. When you run the script, ./runT.sh, you must supply and folder name. When I use this, I call the folder the case name, but could be the task name, etc.

Example:

#./runT.sh squeeze_example

3_runT.png

3_runoutput.png

This will create a new folder in the directory called 'squeeze_example' with the unzipped contents of the diagnostic package and the report_date.out file.

3_output.png

Here is a sample of the report_date.out file. 

3_report.png

Environment

The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

Labels (2)
Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-11-22 02:11 PM
Updated by: