Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Qlik Replicate: Full load is successful, but CDC is not replicated to the target Azure ADLS

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dineshan
Support
Support

Qlik Replicate: Full load is successful, but CDC is not replicated to the target Azure ADLS

Last Update:

Dec 28, 2023 8:55:39 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Dec 28, 2023 8:54:57 AM

While Full Load is successful, CDC/changes are not replicated to the target. 

When tested on CDC/FL task using NULL Target, the changes were not being picked up. No errors are logged. The following entries are seen in the log:

[SORTER ]I: Task is running
[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]I: New Log Miner boundaries in thread '1' : First REDO Sequence is '69520', Last REDO Sequence is '69521'
[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]I: New Log Miner boundaries in thread '1' : First REDO Sequence is '69521', Last REDO Sequence is '69522'

Resolution

Verify the column name length of the tables. Columns with names that exceed 30 characters are not supported by Qlik Replicate and Oracle will not write all supplemental log data in the redo logs.

It is likely that the Internal Parameter "skipValidationLongNames" is set, which ignores if the object name or column name exceeding 30 characters.

To fix the issue, only add tables which do not contain columns or tables names that exceed 30 characters.

Alternatively, the appropriate database parameter must be set to allow more characters. This requires a golden gate license with Oracle. 

Environment

Qlik Replicate 

Labels (1)
Version history
Last update:
‎2023-12-28 08:55 AM
Updated by: