This article explains how to avoid the "Failed to create search index" script error during reload.
A data load may fail with:
An error occurred
Internal engine error.
The script log will show:
2017-02-28 17:17:55 Creating search index
2017-02-28 17:17:55 Failed to create search index
2017-02-28 17:17:55 Execution finished.
The cause is currently unknown. Suspected to be an App corruption caused by external influences.
- Remove all search index files from the shared location configured in your Service Cluster shared location for the app which fails to reload. To locate the AppID, see How to find App ID.
Example: \\ShareDrive\Apps\Search\AppID folder
- Reload the app again.
- Open the Qlik Sense Management Console
- Navigate to Engine
- Select an engine
- Open the tab Advanced
- Uncheck "Create search index during reload"
- Press Apply
Insert "Set CreateSearchIndexOnReload=0" in the load script.
Even if this is disabled during the reload, the search index will be created later after the first search request of users.
Increase the timeout value.
Rather than disabling or removing the Search Index, you can attempt to increase the timeout before the reload will error out.
To do so, you will need to modify the Qlik Sense engine settings.ini and add a customized timeout value.
- Follow the instructions documented in How to modify Qlik Sense Engine's Settings.ini
- Add SearchTimeoutLimit=40000
Where 40000 is the default value and in milliseconds. Increase the value, for example by adding a 0 to increase it to 400000 or any value you wish to begin troubleshooting with.