Skip to main content
QlikProductUpdates

We’re excited to announce a new capability in QSE SaaS that allows users to better understand the origin and journey of any dataset within the catalog.   Data consumers will now have more trust in the data as they can easily understand the complete history of a dataset.  This includes which applications are using this data as well as identify any new information derived from this dataset.  Data engineers and data stewards can now easily identify the overall usage of a dataset and could use this information to troubleshoot issues such as identify potential duplications.

Users access Impact Analysis from the hub via a dataset or an application.  As this simple example shows, users will then visually see the relationship of all datasets and applications (or processors) for the selected item.  The user can then navigate through the graph, changing focus to get more details on a particular node.  Note that Impact Analysis includes any data source related to an application, not just the data sources currently being managed within the Qlik Cloud hub.

QlikProductUpdates_0-1632878315849.png

Impact Analysis is just the initial release of lineage-related capabilities that will soon become available in QSE SaaS.  You may recall that we recently announced the acquisition of NodeGraph, a fully customizable metadata management solution that comprises interactive data lineage at the field level.  This will accelerate our delivery of lineage-related capabilities in the future.

For more details on this new capability, check out this demo:

6 Comments
DJF
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is any of this coming to qs enterprise windows?

0 Likes
Michael_Distler
Employee
Employee

@DJF The existing Qlik Catalog product provides data lineage capabilities and is integrated with Qlik Sense Enterprise - Client Managed (Windows).  The capabilities announced here will only be available within Qlik Sense SaaS.

0 Likes
DJF
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Michael_Distler thank you

0 Likes
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i've reloaded my QVDs and loaded from the QVDs both from the data load editor and as well by right clicking on the more button and clicking 'reload'.  However 'impact analysis' still does not appear in the 'more' menu.  Its a personal space i'm working in but i'd expect the 'impact analysis' to show up provided i've reloaded the apps / qvds following the change on September 30.   

Does it just take extra time for the change to propagate and the 'impact analysis' option to start showing up ?

0 Likes
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@JonnyPoole have you enabled it in Management Console > Settings? Once I did that the option appeared for me straight away although didn't work until I'd reloaded the app. 

0 Likes
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Yes that worked perfectly.  

I had watched the video, but the management setting step wasn't in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDAnpPxGmpI

It is in the product docs though 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/mc-impact-analysis...

appreciate the quick response here. 

0 Likes