Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
HollyJohnson
Employee
Employee

I’m Holly Johnson and I’m the new Academic Program Representative for EMEA. I’m so excited to have joined Qlik and the Academic Program team.

Hi Academic Program enthusiasts,

I’m Holly Johnson and I’m the new Academic Program Representative for EMEA. I’m so excited to have joined Qlik and the Academic Program team. This is an initiative that I could have benefited from when I was at university so giving students the chance to upskill in ways I couldn’t, means a lot to me. I’m happy to have found a role here that encompasses my enthusiasm for education and learning. Everyone has been so welcoming since I joined, both colleagues and educators, and I already feel like I’m part of the Qlik family.

It's only my fourth week but I’ve already helped to deliver a lecture for the University of Lund in Sweden. Qlik originated in Lund, so it was lovely that my first guest lecture was delivered to students living in the place where it all started. We had around 37 MBA student attendees and this was followed by two hands on workshops in which we got the students building their first Qlik Sense app. The students were engaged and asked lots of questions. Our Senior QA engineer based in Lund, Matt Thornington, ran a great workshop and finished by showing the students an app he built that tracked the movement of hurricanes since 1850. This really got the students interested in the kind of projects you can pursue using Qlik Sense, and just how creative and curious you can be with the product.

Hurricane Dashboard.png

Last Friday I also delivered two short lectures to some students in the Netherlands, and in the coming months I have many more. For the most part these will all be delivered virtually, but I’m hoping it won’t be long until I can start meeting my students and educators face to face!

If you are a university student or educator, you can join our Qlik Academic Program for free. You will receive full year access to Qlik Sense software, training and qualifications as well as access to our live webinar series. For more information or to apply visit qlik.com/academicprogram