Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Pankaj_Muthe
Employee
Employee

The Qlik Academic Program team conducts webinars for the academic community on a regular basis. The purpose of these webinars is to introduce the program to students and professors, talk about the resources available which includes online training, qualifications, certifications, the data analytics curriculum etc. and help them begin their learning journey. For the APAC region, I conducted a webinar on December 2nd 2020 in what was the fourth webinar this year

There were more than 450 registrations from the region for this webinar. During my interactions with students in the past, I was told that they are keen to understand from prospective employers about opportunities in data analytics. Bearing this in mind and to enlighten them, I invited one of Qlik's Partners and a Speaker in data analytics, Dr Vipul Vashisht who's the Co-Founder and CEO of Lagozon Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Lagozon is based in India with a  presence in the US, UAE and Singapore and they offer solutions in retail, manufacturing, logistics and distribution, telecom and media and the BFSI industry

Vipul spoke about the opportunities in data analytics and how this is a key skill to be acquired by students. He also expressed his challenges in recruiting for his own company in analytics and how the Qlik Academic Program is helping bridge the skills gap in the industry. His talk was received very well by the audience. 

Following his talk, I continued explaining the resources available under the academic program ending up with a product demo. It was a wonderful opportunity interacting with students once again and I hope they are able to take benefit of the resources offered by the Qlik Academic Program.

To learn more about the program, visit Qlik.com/academicprogram and if you have any questions, write to us on academicprogram@qlik.com