Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psublue98
Creator
Creator

Excel connector - Add Rows to Table (batch) block limitations

Hello - I posted within the comments of another post, but my understanding is that it's better to post to the forum instead.

In using a scaled back version of the updated 2022 automation from the previous 2021 where @MattGrayndler pulled together a video, I seem to be hitting some threshold with the Add Rows to Table (batch) block. Is there a max number of rows that can be batched?

The test table I'm using has 3 columns and 190 rows, and when executing the automation the excel table has headers but no values. If I scale back to approximately 25 rows it populates fine. Any known limitations with the Add Rows to Table (batch) block? Row by row is exceptionally slow. 

If there is a limitation how best could 100 rows (or max limit) be batched at a time to build the excel table?

no_issue.png

nada.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
psublue98
Creator
Creator
Author

Identified the issue. The array for the Add Rows to Table (batch) block cannot handle the characters \ and " (double quote) within the value string which is why the batches were ignored. Regex Replace is needed to replace these characters that will work in the block array.

Need Regex Replace hereNeed Regex Replace here

View solution in original post

3 Replies
psublue98
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm part of the way on figuring this out via the Loop Batch block; however, a new wrinkle popped up. Two chunks of data are omitted when a batch begins with a null value or \. Assistance on how to work around this would be appreciated and I attached sample docs. I did try forcing the variable format to text but no luck. Thanks in advance!

Loop BatchLoop Batch

Omitted batch 1 from reportOmitted batch 1 from report

Omitted batch 2 from reportOmitted batch 2 from report

Tried formatting variable as textTried formatting variable as text

psublue98
Creator
Creator
Author

Identified the issue. The array for the Add Rows to Table (batch) block cannot handle the characters \ and " (double quote) within the value string which is why the batches were ignored. Regex Replace is needed to replace these characters that will work in the block array.

Need Regex Replace hereNeed Regex Replace here

aares
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, 

I'm having trouble adding a new table to the report, would it be possible to add a new one to the report?